Iron, Forged in Fire Part 1 is the first part of the pilot episode of the Iron Man: Armored Adventures series. It is written by Christopher Yost.
Inventor Howard Stark dies in a plane crash while investigating an ancient Chinese "Makluan ring". His son, Tony Stark, barely survives the crash when the armored exo-suit which Tony designed. Ho Yinsen implants in his chest a device to sustain his damaged heart. Obadiah Stane takes control of Howard’s company, Stark International, and begins weaponizing Stark’s inventions. Tony moves in with family friend James Rhodes and his parents, and begins attending school. There, he meets classmate Pepper Potts who informs Tony that Stane is under investigation by the FBI for possible involvement in Howard's death. When Tony goes to investigate in his armored suit, he ends up preventing a runaway train from crashing into Stark Tower; the media calls him Iron Man. A shadowy figure called the Mandarin, wearing a second Makluan ring, vows to obtain the ring now in Stane's possession.
- Howard Stark dies in a plane crash, while Tony survives but has got a device on his chest to sustain his damaged heart.
- Tony lives now with the Rhodes and goes to school.
- After saving lives with his exo-suit, people call Tony Iron Man.
- Tony Stark/Iron Man (first appearance)
- James Rhodes (first appearance)
- Pepper Potts (first appearance)
- Howard Stark (first appearance)
- Roberta Rhodes (first appearance)
- Obadiah Stane (first appearance)
- Tricia (first appearance)
- Mandarin (first appearance)